MethylStenbolone is a very new and potent designer steroid recently brought to the market by Antaeus labs. Several products in the past have claimed to use this compound, however independent lab testing has revealed they only contained superdrol.
Methylstenbolone does not convert to an estrogenic metabolite or have any affinity for the progesterone receptor, so estrogen mediated side effects should be virtually non-existent. Methylstenbolone is also one of the most toxic substances available due to its ability to resist metabolization, although anecdotal reports lead us to believe it carries less side effects than superdrol.
- Antaeus Labs – Ultradrol
Methylstenbolone, like all methylated DS/PHs, is toxic to the liver. Methylsten is more potent than many other PHs (epi, hdrol, m14ad, etc) because it is a di-methyl androgen resistant of typical metabolic deactivating pathways, like 3b-hsd and 17b-hsd. Being one of the harshest compounds on the market it will negatively impact blood pressure, lipid values, cholesterol levels and will put stress on the bodies endocrine system.
With proper planning and preventative supplementation we can assist our bodies with protecting our livers, lipid values, cholesterol levels and help control adverse blood pressure effects. This may seem like a daunting task finding supplements to tackle all of these concerns, however several supplement companies have been making “all-in-one” cycle protection products that work to address many of these potential side effects. ANYONE running Methylsten is required to supplement with one of the following products throughout the entire duration of the cycle:
- Advanced Muscle Science – Super Cycle (Capsules)
- Anabolic Innovations – Cycle Support (Powder)
- Anabolic Innovations – Life Support (Capsules)
All three are, for the most part, identical products. The biggest difference is the form, cost, and whether you prefer to take pills or powder. A general rule of thumb is to pre-load either one 1-2 weeks prior to beginning your cycle and all the way through until the end, so buy accordingly so that you have enough on hand. These products will assist your body with maintaining healthy blood pressure, lipid profile, and provide mild protection to the liver.
Additional Liver Protection
While many cycle support products contain ingredients that are great anti-oxidants in liver tissue, they do not appear to impact bile acid secretion/metabolism at their given doses. The ingredients TUDCA and UDCA should be utilized on any oral steroid cycle (especially Methylstenbolone and Superdrol) as they have profound abilities at preventing and even reversing anabolic steroid induced liver damage, something milk thistle wont do. The following products utilize the ingredient TUDCA and should be considered for any oral androgen cycle:
- Antaeus Labs – Aegis
- Thermolife – Liver Longer
Methylsten is a very strong compound therefore it’s best to start with a lower dosage to asses tolerance and slowly increase it into the desired range. Methylsten cycles are typically 3-4 weeks in length with 4 weeks being the most common. Due to the extreme potency and toxicity of this compound use for longer than 4 weeks is not recommended. Below are two common dosing protocols:
- Methylsten dosing for new users: Week1: 4-8mg / per day | Week 2-3: 8mg / per day
- Methylsten dosing for experienced users: Week1: 8mg / per day | Week 2-3: 12mg / per day | Week 4: 16mg / per day
Methylsten works relatively quickly, therefore the majority of users typically begin to experience the effects within the first week. .
Common Side Effects
Side effects from methylsten would, in theory, be very similar to those from Superdrol, however almost all of the anecdotal feedback circulating suggests it is much kinder in this regard. It should be noted that the majority of these side effects are simply of inconvenience more so than a possible health affecting issue and for the most part can be resolved through proper on cycle support usage and proper PCT. These side effects are as follows:
- Decreased Libido/Sexual Function
- Lethargy / Fatigue
- Increased hair growth / Increased hair shedding
- Puffy / Sensitive Nipples
- Joint Discomfort
- Back Pumps (Dull pain in back after/during workouts)
- Increased aggression, head aches, flushing and various other sides can happen as well.
Results will vary based upon the dosage, experience, diet and many other factors involved. In general Methylsten will provide exceptional lean body mass gains, excellent strength gains, and great endurance in the gym. This substance works best when used in a bulk due to it’s ability to help our bodies pack on the muscle when eating a clean caloric surplus diet, but that doesn’t mean it cant also be used in a cutting or recomp cycle. There are just more favorable compounds to utilize during those types of cycles.
- When used in a bulking diet, gains can range from 15-20bs on a 4 week cycle at 12mg.
- When used in a recomp diet, gains can range from 7-10lbs on a 4 week cycle at 12mg, while also possibly reducing body fat 0-2%.
- When used in a cutting diet, gains can range from 4-6lbs on a 4 week cycle at 12mg, while also possibly reducing body fat 1-3%.
The ‘gain’ ranges above are considered normal, however some users have reported gains in upwards of 20lbs and some users may not experience very noticeable gains at all. Results are largely dictated by diet.
Post Cycle Therapy
Post cycle therapy is, as always, one of the most important parts of any cycle. If one does not work towards bringing their body back to homeostasis gains will be lost (making the health risks pointless) and the chance for side effects increases significantly. Once you stop taking a designer steroid or pro-hormone your body goes through a change of hormones and puts stress on your endocrine system. With a properly planned PCT (Post Cycle Therapy) we assist our body with easing back into normal function. Failure to follow a properly planned PCT can result in undesirable side effects such as:
- Gynecomastia (Bitch Tits)
- Muscle Loss/Fat Gain
- Sexual Side Effects
You should begin your PCT regiment immediately after your pro-hormone or designer steroid cycle, it should begin the day after your last dosage of any anabolics. PCT regiments are typically 4-6 weeks depending on the type of compound being used, user, and type of PCT. As noted in the previous section under “Maintaining Health”, you should continue to use Life Support or Cycle Support throughout your entire cycle, INCLUDING your PCT regiment. During PCT we effectively want to achieve the following:
- Restore Natural Testosterone Production
- Regulate Estrogen
- Control/Lower Cortisol
Over The Counter: An OTC (Over The Counter) post cycle therapy regiment is not acceptable PCT for methylsten cycles. A research drug/SERM is REQUIRED before using this substance.
Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERM)
SERMs work by occupying the receptor binding site of estrogen. Once this binding takes place estrogen can no longer exert its negative feedback on the HPTA (Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis), resulting in increased testosterone levels. SERMs do not lower estrogen levels and in many cases increase them, so the concurrent use of an aromatase inhibitor is always the best course of action.
While not a replacement for a SERM, many compounds being introduced on the market will help ensure recovery and maintenance of gains once entering the PCT phase and should be considered.
- D-Aspartic Acid (DAA). This is a compound recently discovered that has been shown in human studies to increase testosterone by 40%. The cost is low and it works through increasing gonadotropin levels which are at their lowest following prohormone cycles.
- PES Erase. This is an effective estrogen inhibitor that also mitigates the cortisol spike that occurs post cycle. Its extremely affordable and should be an inclusion to all PCTs in addition to D-Aspartic-Acid.
- PES AnaBeta. This is a natural anabolic that also has secondary characteristics of elevating testosterone. During PCT the main aim is to keep gains and bring hormone levels back to homeostasis. Including something that helps you stay anabolic in PCT will ensure that no gains are lost.
The MOST effective PCTregiment is one that includes a SERM prescription/research drug. Some users prefer not to go this route as they are “experimental” drugs and can have their own side effects, however with compounds as strong as methylsten they are required to restore hormones to homeostasis. To obtain a SERM you’ll need a prescription or google for “research chemicals” as they can be purchased legally if being used for research purposes. The three main SERMs are as follows:
- Nolvadex (Tamoxifen Citrate). Comes in Liquid or Pill form.
- Clomid (Clomiphene Citrate). Comes in Liquid or Pill form.
- Fareston (Toremifine Citrate). Comes in Liquid or Pill form.
Below is an example dosing outline for each of these research drugs. This outlining should be combined with the PCT supports for the best recovery. Only one SERM should be used during any given PCT unless you’re an advanced user coming off months of hormone use. Nolvadex is the most commonly used SERM, however Clomid has been shown in scientific literature to regulate hormones in ex-steroid users.
Example 1 (Nolvadex PCT) Week 1-2 Nolvadex 20mg | Week 2-4 Nolvadex 10mg
Example 2 (Clomid PCT) Week 1-4 Clomid 50mg
Example 3 (Toremifine PCT) Week 1 Toremifine 90mg | Week 2 Toremifine 60mg | Week 3-4 Toremifine 30mg
- Week 1-2: Pre-load Cycle Support & Liver Longer @ Bottle Recommended dosages.
- Week 3: Cycle/Life Support/Liver Longer | Methylsten 8mg/day
- Week 4-6: Cycle/Life Support/Liver Longer | Methylsten 12mg/day
- Week 7-8: Cycle/Life Support | DAA | Erase | AnaBeta | Nolvadex 20mg
- Week 9-10: Cycle/Life Support | DAA | Erase | AnaBeta | Nolvadex 10mg
Users who are at risk for anabolic steroid testing will test positive while using Methylstenbolone. Always know whether or not you are at risk for drug testing prior to using Pro-Hormones/Designer Steroids.
Users who are on anti-depressant or anti-anxiety medication may experienced increased anxiety/depression while on cycle and during PCT. Users should avoid using stimulants on cycle as blood pressure may elevate too high and possibly cause nose bleeds or even in some rare cases fainting. In general, avoid starting any new medications while on cycle or just before, if you’re concerned about a possible interaction consult your doctor. Users should also eat a clean diet on cycle and limit their alcohol intake significantly (best option would be to discontinue usage).
We are not doctors, therefore before starting any supplement or training regiment you should consult with your doctor. The information being provided is simply personal opinion.